Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Heat

Summer is coming to this town like a masked villain creeps down the hall heading towards your room. The spring breeze is the eerie music and with every warm wind that blows through my window I know the heat approaches.

Today, I was flipping through some pictures we have taken with the new camera and I found this one of Cohen. We stayed at Grammy's last weekend and I took Cohen out to run an errand with me. In the car on the way home she told me that Grammy had promised her an ice cream cone. I drover he through the McDonald's and asked for a child's cone - which of course big fat McDonald's cannot comprehend. As I handed her the large cone piled high with chocolate goodness I knew it would lead to the christening of her new car seat.

On the brighter side, she was so happy and I think this photo encompasses the only good feeling a hot day could ever bring me.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Get out of that heat and bring those kids to the beach already!!

Mme Paulita said...

Iis the heat there different then florida heat? I know you can give me an honest answer