Monday, March 16, 2009

TODAY: 1

Merrick got his first shots today.

TODAY:

Woke up at 6:40 a.m.
drove Dan to work.
fed and dressed kids.
took Merrick to doctor's office.
watched Cohen say to kid with down syndrome at the doctors office that she also had an owie on her brain.
watched horrified mother.
watched Cohen ask how he got that scratch on his face and realized she was comparing her scar to his scratch and nothing more profound.
Merrick got an oral vaccination and 4 shots. Unlike Cohen who held it together until the fourth shot Merrick immediately lost his shit but settled down with no trouble.
I noticed a cold sore on Cohen's lip and called the doctor back in to examine - felt devastated that after trying so hard last week to not pass herpes onto my daughter I had failed.
Was not herpes on Cohen's lip, was piece of cracker.
Considered wearing my glasses more.
Went to grocery store.
Gave Merrick Tylenol and wished him happy travels.
Got home.
Took pictures documenting Merrick's shots.
Fed kids again.
Got Merrick to down for nap.
Fed dogs.
Did dishes.
Put away groceries.
Realized we are out of pull ups.
Began preparing dinner.
Rescheduled chiropractor appointment.
Put padding down on bed in case Cohen has accident during nap.
Checked email.
Played ponies with Cohen.
Got Cohen down for a nap.
Started a load of laundry.
Broke up a dog fight.
Put Cohen back on the pad after she rolled off.
Worked on tonight's homework, but stopped when baby cried.
Baby stopped crying but my train of thought was interrupted so...
Looked at facebook.
Saw old picture of friends in college and felt really happy.
Came to blogger.
Posted photos and went back to preparing dinner for tonight.
I miss you blogger.
Maybe I'll be back more someday soon.

6 comments:

The Panic Room said...

everyone is wearing stripes this season :)

Maggie May said...

he's so round and smiley. laughing at the cracker on the lip....

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Your day was 800% more busy than my day.

What a cute little man!!

Lori said...

OMG - he is just too cute! Estelle is OHHH'ing and Ahhhing about him right now! Yes - wear the glasses more..;)

The Kandles said...

Oh! Give that scrumptious little muffin a kissy on his fat little cheek for me. Actually, don't stop at the cheeks, definitely hit up those cute knees, toes & sweet little belly too. Dang, I wish I could come again right now!

Mrs. G said...

Oooh. I have the same stripes for my boy (coming in june). Very cute and round. I love these daily lists. It really makes me feel accomplished when I read over my own.