Wednesday, March 18, 2009

To Dream of Caramel

I was going through the flip last night trying to figure out which videos to delete to make room for the precious memories these little terrors make for our recording pleasure each day. The video you are about to see is pretty embarrassing for me, but it is an anomaly. As many times as I tried to delete it I could not get past how hilarious it looks.

Dan video tapes babies. It is the most boring thing I have ever seen and we have hours of video when someone (namely Dan) should have just taken a few pictures and walked away. Usually his need to videotape the kids is horrifying for me because I can hear my voice in the background complaining or saying something stupid. However, in the following video taken the day after Merrick was born Dan is sitting on one side of the plastic bassinet and I am on the other. I am eating a caramel and reading. When I first saw the video I forgot that I had been reading something at that time and just thought, "Wow, I was really feeling that pain medication". Go ahead... it's funnier if you forget I said I was reading.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and turn down the volume on the video, it's just static and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.

At my own expense... enjoy.





turn down volume right up here.

5 comments:

The Panic Room said...

I watched this video without reading the post at first and I thought you had fallen asleep eating. Shame.

So how do you like that flip thing? is it great?

Joanna Goddard said...

that is so sweet :)

Lori said...

Looks like you both are enjoying a caramel... to think that was almost my name... Carmel...

Erin said...

HAHAHA! Hysterical! It looks like you went through at least three or four real emotions while enjoying that caramel. First you were happpy because it tasted so good. Then you were mad, maybe because it was stuck in your teeth.Then you were confused. About what? I don't know. Then you seemed sad because it was almost all gone. Ahh the wonders of human expression.

Knarf Talaf said...

I have contacted the actors' guild for my nomination of best stand-in actress. That's some of your finest work Lawton.

Oh & that baby's cute, too. I'm assuming its yours. Seriously congrats on the new munchkin, you are officially a breeder!