Saturday, December 13, 2008

Decorating In Pieces

This was the first year Cohen knew enough that I had to really up her level of participation in decorating the tree. I just wanted to share a few pictures of the tree and some of our favorite ornaments that were taken during the process. May the broken Wiener Dog Ornament rest in peace (until we find his leg in the kitchen where he hit the tile and glue him back together again).

This is Cohen's work. She worked on the lower level alone.


You might also be inclined to inquire about the three ornaments on one branch. When I asked her to separate them she told me that the "hot dish" was the cow's food and the barn was her house. "She needs those things near her to live mom."

This Wiener Dog Ornament lived in the nativity manger along with a couple of "puppies in my pocket" and a plastic dog on a motorcycle for about three days before the accident. He lost his leg during a fried chicken dinner in one of Cohen's many attempts to divert my attention while she tossed pieces of food back into the serving dishes from which they came.

Wiener Dog Ornament is survived by Beagle Dog Ornament who is in hiding on the North East Upper side of the tree.

This is one of my favorite ornaments on the tree.

This is my other favorite.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful tree! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your chocolate comment had me cracking up:)